Abu Dhabi scoops 36 awards at WTA event
Abu Dhabi, May 1, 2012
Mubarak Al Nuaimi receiving the awards <Br> from Graham Cooke, founder of WTA
Abu Dhabi notched up 36 awards at the Middle East Gala for the 2012 World Travel Awards held in Dubai this week.
Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority (ADTA) picked up three regional awards including the Middle East’s Leading Tourism Board and Middle East’s Leading Marketing Campaign for the third consecutive year and Middle East's Leading Beach Destination for Saadiyat Island.
“Our industry stakeholders are demonstrating their success every year Abu Dhabi’s tourism offering is stakeholders are ringing endorsements of our expanding leisure and business tourism proposition,” said Mubarak Al Nuaimi, promotions manager, ADTA.
“These awards are earned by all of our industry partners who have repeatedly demonstrated their total alignment with the Abu Dhabi Government’s 2030 aim of evolving a world-class, sustainable and culturally-sensitive destination.”
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, won four awards including Middle East’s Leading Airline award, Anantara’s Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort was voted the Middle East’s Leading Desert Resort.
Rotana Hotels took nine awards for its various properties across the Middle East and was voted the Middle East's Leading Hotel Brand, Omeir Travel Agency won three awards including Middle East's Leading Business Travel Agency, Abu Dhabi Travel Bureau took three awards including the GCC's Leading Travel Management Company, Aldar went away with two awards including the Middle East's Leading Tourism Property Development Company.
Emirates Palace Hotel took an impressive six awards including the Middle East's Leading Luxury Resort.
The recently-opened Jumeirah at Etihad Towers won three awards including the UAE's Leading Hotel, The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort was voted Abu Dhabi's Leading Beach Resort and Royal Jet was took away the Middle East's Leading Private Jet Charter. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares