Kingdom hotel wins top WTA award
Riyadh, May 5, 2012
Kingdom Holding Company, the investment firm chaired by Saudi billionaire Prince Alwaleed, said its Makkah Clock Royal Tower, has won honours at the World Travel Awards 2011 held in Doha.
KHC holds a 35 per cent stake in Fairmont Raffles Holdings International (FRHI) that manages the Makkah Clock Royal Tower.
The KHC hotel won the “World’s Leading Landmark Hotel” 2011 award during a ceremony held at Katara Cultural Village, Doha.
An outstanding era of votes were casted this year globally by 213,000 travel professionals, including travel agencies, tour and tourism organizations from 160 countries, said a KHC statement.
On the award, Prince Alwaleed said, “This is another important achievement for Kingdom Holding Company. Our Saudi real estate and hotel projects are solid anchors for Kingdom Holding’s profitability.”
Prince Alwaleed made the remarks as he received Mohamed Arkobi, the vice president and managing director of Fairmont Raffles Hotels International – Makkah.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers