ADFCA participates at Sial China
Shanghai, May 9, 2012
The Abu Dhabi Food Control Authority (ADFCA) has announced its participation at Sial China, which kicked off to today (May 9) in Shanghai.
The exhibition will go on till May 11.
The delegation, representing ADFCA and the Department of Economic Development, toured the exhibition headed by Rashed Mohamed Al Shariqi, director general of the Abu Dhabi Food Control Authority and Noura Mohammed Juma, UAE's consul general in Shanghai.
The tour included a brief on various international companies participating at the exhibition along with the latest techniques and food products offered, a statement from the authority said.
The delegation was given a comprehensive presentation from various UAE companies participating under ADFCA’s sponsorship; discussing products they offer, along with their benefits, and ways to employ such global forums for marketing local products and attract traders and buyers from different markets.
“We have ensured the participation of the largest dates companies in the UAE, such as Al Foah Company, Liwa Dates, Emirates Delight Dates Factory and Royal Dates Company in order to promote them to global food companies at high standards and highlight the enormous benefits of dates,” Al Shariqi said.
“This participation will open a new gateway to promote UAE dates in other markets. The participants will get the opportunity to meet with international traders and businessmen working in the food industry, introduce them to the distinctive dates along with their benefits which will create opportunities to market this product as one of the UAE's main agricultural products,” he added.
Sial China is a highly specialised exhibition in the food sector which had been embraced by the UAE in the past two years along with the Emirates International Date Palm Festival.
The ADFCA will also distribute a number of brochures and booklets on dates to visitors, giving them background information on the fruit and its huge benefits. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Abu Dhabi runway closed for upgradation work
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard