Etihad A340 conducts special fly-past
Abu Dhabi, May 21, 2012
Residents and holiday makers at Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi, were on Monday treated to a spectacular ultra low fly-past by national carrier Etihad Airways' Airbus A340-600 which was taking part in promotional filming and photography, flying at 300 feet.
Dozens of on-lookers were thrilled at the rare sight of the wide-body aircraft flying across the pristine coast line of Saadiyat Island, said a statement from Etihad.
Etihad Airways worked closely with its colleagues at the General Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA) and other departments to ensure the smooth running of the promotion, it added.
Giorgio Evangelisti, the Etihad Airways’ chief A330 and A340 pilot who captained the flight, said it was a real privilege to take command for this unprecedented flight.
“I have operated aircraft fly-pasts before, at the Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, but this occasion we flew much lower and I will treasure the memories forever,” he remarked.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- GCC takes on the Caribbean in big cruise tourism war
- Etihad finace head wins top award
- Turkish Airlines boosts Africa network
- New Holiday Inn hotel opens in Mauritius
- Abu Dhabi Aviation to get latest Bell helicopter
- Gulf Hotels Group plans new spa complex
- Starwood joins hands with Bentley
- Air freight volumes to grow 17pc in 5 years
- DWC-Emaar in golf centre deal
- UAE group to open Seychelles resort