Air Arabia to start flights to Salalah
Sharjah, June 6, 2012
Air Arabia has announced the launch of a new service to Salalah, Oman, starting June 28, making it the airline’s second destination in the Sultanate, and 75th worldwide.
“Salalah is a popular tourist destination of Oman and we target through our new twice weekly service to develop the tourism traffic between Salalah, the UAE and the wider region,” said Adel Ali, group CEO, Air Arabia. “Oman has rapidly established itself as a major tourist destination worldwide and introducing this attractive service is just in-time for our customer to benefit from while planning their summer get-aways.”
The city of Salalah is a popular destination for tourism due to its natural attractions and seasonal weather, locally known as “Khareef”. It includes a distinctive natural diversity where the coast blends with the mountains and the desert in harmony.
The Salalah Tourism Festival, which takes place from July 15 to August 31 every year, is attened by visitors from all over the world. The beautiful beaches and coastline are also major attractions for scuba diving and bird watching.
The launch of services to Salalah will complement Air Arabia’s existing flights to Muscat, which operate twice daily. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief
- Best Western opens in Thailand
- Emirates launches Kabul route
- Ayla appoints new HR director
- Cavotec to showcase new GSE at Kuwait forum