German Rail pass extension for ME tourists
Dubai, June 13, 2012
Rail Europe, a leading distributor of train tickets and rail passes in the world, in co-ordination with Deutsche Bahn, has announced an extension of the German Rail Pass for travellers from the Middle East.
With the new German Rail Pass extension, tourists will only benefit from unlimited travel in Germany, but they can also now travel beyond borders to some selected popular destinations, using trains and buses operated by Deutsche Bahn.
Since the trains go everywhere in Germany, there’s no easier or more convenient way to visit the country, said Deutsche Bahn which operates modern and comfortable trains on 34 000 km of rail network.
The pass extension will benefit Middle East tourists travelling to Brussels on ICE International trains; Prague on DB Expressbus from Munich and Nuremberg; Austria (Kufstein and Innsbruck) on DB-ÖBB Eurocity Trains and Italy (Bolzzano/Bozen, Verona, Bologna and Venice) on DB-ÖBB Eurocity trains.
The German Rail Pass, available for 183 euros ($229), is the best option as the ticketholders can travel freely on all trains, said a statement from Rail Europe.
The price for a German Rail Pass Extension costs as low as 39 euros in the second class and 69e in the first class.
The pass, which offers customers the flexibility to travel from 3 to 10 days within a month, also includes bonuses and discounts which can be used for tours and boat trips, it added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai
- Dubai sees Ukraine tourist numbers up 29pc