Jazeera sees ME market share growth
Kuwait, June 30, 2012
Kuwait-based budget carrier Jazeera Airways said it had once again captured a leading market share on most of its routes including Alexandria, Amman, Assiut, Luxor and Sharm El Sheikh.
The airline was also the leader in on-time performance in the Mena region as per FlightStats, the global flight and trip tracker, which scored the airline at 96.52 per cent in on-time performance for the month, Jazeera said in its April 2012 operational performance report issued today based on data from Kuwait’s Directorate General for Civil Aviation (DGCA).
According to the report, Jazeera was the leading airline between Kuwait and Amman, and between Kuwait and five Egyptian cities: Alexandria, Assiut, Luxor, Sharm El Sheikh and Sohag.
The airline said it had captured a 26 per cent market share on Kuwait-Cairo route, registering an all-time high growth since it first launched operations on this route in May last year.
Its share on the Kuwait-Amman route during the month rose to 40 per cent, while on the Alexandria sector it netted 35 per cent share, on Assiut route (47 per cent) on Luxor route (64 per cent), on Sharm El Sheikh route (56 per cent) and a 39 per cent market share on Sohag route.
The report also showed that the airline was the leading Kuwaiti airline on routes between Kuwait and Beirut, Bahrain and Dubai.
Jazeera Airways grabbed a 37 per cent market share on the Kuwait-Beirut route, 12 per cent on Bahrain route, and a 16 per cent on Dubai route, the report added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar