Oman Air opens new lounge at Muscat airport
Muscat, August 7, 2012
Oman Air, the national airline of the Sultanate, has opened its new lounge at the Muscat International Airport offering a luxurious and tranquil environment with a modern Arabian twist.
Designed by top design consultants JPA, the new Majan Lounge is located on the lower floor of the departure terminal.
The lounge will be staffed by Oman Air’s own reception staff to provide hospitality and food services.
Oman Air currently has a tie-up with 17 airlines to welcome their passengers to this new lounge, apart from the FFP members of Oman Air. The services of this lounge can be availed by other travellers as well by paying a fee of RO12 ($31.2).
Wayne Pearce, CEO of Oman Air, said: “Our sustained aim is to continue delivering an unmatched passenger experience for all our customers and to provide a stress-free and enjoyable experience even before they commence their flight.
“The Majan lounge, conceived by the same firm which designed other Oman Air premium lounges, will offer an exceptional standard of hospitality and comfort, all within a uniquely modern design, but retaining the key elements of the Omani culture and heritage. The relaxing area and the array of services available for our customers will surely be appreciated by the travellers.”
Majan Lounge is the third lounge facility opened and operated by Oman Air Catering division in the past 18 months. It will be open 24 hours a day / seven days a week.
The lounge offers full Wi-Fi connectivity, a business centre with computer terminals fax and printers, rest rooms with “full recliner” seats, a media area with full satellite TV, magazines and newspapers, a fully serviced drinks bar, hot and cold snack buffet counter (serviced by Oman Air lounge chefs) and modern bathrooms with shower and baby changing facilities.
Aaron Claxton, general manager – Catering, said: “We have a professional team of customer service staff and lounge hostesses on hand to look after every need of our customers. This new lounge at Muscat International Airport reflects both that commitment and our dedication to providing customers with unparalleled standards of luxury and service." – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Top firms plan Dubai World Central move
- Ferrari Land theme park to open in Spain
- Hilton to open 125-room hotel in Saudi
- Abu Dhabi runway closed for upgradation work
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental