Rotana plans two hotel openings in Oct
Dubai, September 9, 2012
Rotana Group will open two new hotel facilities this October to meet the increasing number of Dubai visitors and tourists.
The announcement was made in a meeting held recently between Majid Al Marri, the director of the licensing and classification division of the department of tourism and commerce marketing in Dubai, and Mark McCarthy, the director general of Al Ghurair Arjaan and Al Ghurair Rayhaan, the two new hotel facilities of the group.
The meeting, which saw the presence of Marwan Al Abed, the head of classification and follow-up section at the department, and representatives from the hotel administration, discussed the procedures needed for licensing and classifying the two hotel facilities as the Rotana Hotel Group. The attendees were also updated about the licensing and classification procedures of the facilities.
Meanwhile, a team of the licensing and classification division is to pay a visit to the new hotel facilities to check and evaluate the services they are going to provide to their visitors and tourists and hence classify them both.
The facilities to be launched in October are Al Ghurair Arjaan Rotana Hotel Apartments and Al Ghurair Rayhaan Rotana Hotel, which are part of the expansion plans of Al Ghurair Shopping Centre, the oldest shopping centre in Dubai. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers