Rotana Jet expands domestic network
Abu Dhabi, September 9, 2012
Rotana Jet, a provider of executive charter and scheduled airline services, has announced the launch of double daily services to Fujairah, Al Ain, Sharjah and Ras Al Khaimah from Abu Dhabi International Airport.
This comes just three months after it launched the first domestic scheduled flight in UAE to Sir Bani Yas and Dalma Island.
Effective September 19, Rotana Jet will be operating two flights a day between Abu Dhabi International airport and Fujairah. Double Daily Flights to Al Ain will commence on September 26 and flights to Sharjah, Ras Al Khaimah and Ruwais will follow. These routes will be operated by Embraer ERJ145 aircraft with 50 seats featuring 31-inch seat pitch.
Dr Sheikh Ahmed bin Saif Al‐Nahyan, chairman of Rotana Jet, said: “Air connectivity is a key component of any country’s development. At Rotana Jet, we are committed in developing a safe, reliable, and efficient air transport connecting the various emirates of UAE with the capital to improve easy accessibility both domestically and internationally. This will facilitate greater and more equitable benefits for tourism growth as well.”
“In today’s world the consumers travel behavior have changed rapidly. They are looking for quicker, comfortable and more efficient ways of reaching from one place to another without spending much time.
“At Rotana ـJet, we believe that we have a contributory role in facilitating this and the announcement of our double daily flights to Fujairah, Al Ain, Sharjah and Ras Al Khaimah from Abu Dhabi International Airport is just a beginning,” he added.
Ali Majed Al Mansoori, chairman of Abu Dhabi Airports Company (Adac), said: “Adac sees the necessity of connecting the capital’s airport with the other key airports across the Emirates to further develop connectivity not only for Abu Dhabi but for the whole of the UAE. As one of the fastest growing airports around the world, with the launch of Rotana Jet domestic flights Abu Dhabi International Airport is once more providing high-end, efficient service to meet the needs of its diverse customers.”
Double daily Flights to and from Fujairah, Al Ain, Sharjah and Ras Al Khaimah will connect to international flights out of Abu Dhabi International airport. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity