Air Arabia passenger numbers up 22pc
Sharjah, September 11, 2012
Air Arabia, a leading low-cost carrier in Mena, welcomed 379,092 passengers in August, an increase of over 22 per cent compared to the corresponding month in 2011.
The airline also reported that the average seat load factor - passengers as a percentage of total seats available – for the month stood at 83 per cent, registering an increase of three per cent over the figure for August 2011.
“Eid break is a busy period for air travel across the region, especially this year where the industry witnessed a significant increase in passenger traffic,” said Adel Ali, Group chief executive officer, Air Arabia.
“More customers continue to take full advantage of Air Arabia’s affordable fares to an ever growing range of destinations. This demonstrates the single most strength of Air Arabia – its proven business model and product offering.”
In the second quarter of this year, the low-cost pioneer carried 1.3 million passengers, an increase of over 15 per cent compared to the corresponding period in 2011. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall