Air Arabia CEO wins top award
Sharjah, September 24, 2012
The group chief executive of Air Arabia, Adel Ali, has been named ‘CEO of the Year – Aviation’ at the third edition of CEO Middle East Awards.
Hosted by CEO Middle East, an ITP group publication, the awards recognises and rewards outstanding success, innovation and ethics.
It honours CEOs from across sectors through the appreciation of innovative business, business excellence and overall business success, and acknowledges the vital contribution made by individuals and their companies to the vibrancy of business across the region, a statement from the airline company said.
Ali received the award in recognition of continued strength of the Air Arabia’s strong business model during a ceremony held in Dubai. He was also recognised for being at the forefront of the development of modern aviation through his contributions to the Arab aviation sector.
In July this year, the airline was ranked the world’s second best performing airline in Aviation Week’s annual top-performing airlines (TPA) study, which ranks the top 10 performing airlines worldwide based on five different performance categories, including financial and operational performance. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai
- Dubai sees Ukraine tourist numbers up 29pc
- Bahrain air show set to take off
- Summit explores future of regional travel industry