Dubai Metro launches express service
Dubai, October 3, 2012
Dubai Metro has introduced an express service on the Red Line to ease rush in the early morning, a report said.
The metro will run two services in each direction on a trial basis for five months, the Gulf News report said.
The trains will start from Rashidiya and Jebel Ali at 5:30 am and 5:40am, respectively, ahead of the normal service which begins at 5:50 am.
The express trains stop at only 13 of the 27 red line stations, cutting down the total journey time in each direction by 10 minutes, it said.
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad announces new appointments
- Etihad expands India operations
- UAE hotel group launches Abu Dhabi project
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct