Air Arabia to launch Basra flights
Sharjah, October 8, 2012
Leading low-cost carrier in the Middle East, Air Arabia, has announced the launch of flights to Basra, its third destination in Iraq, starting November 4.
The airline will offer three weekly services between Sharjah and Basra. The new city marks Air Arabia’s 79th destination worldwide.
“We are pleased to announce the launch of our services to Basra, our third destination in Iraq after Najaf and Erbil. This step reflects the commitment we place on serving the Iraqi market,” said Adel Ali, the group CEO of Air Arabia.
“This new service will further strengthen our current flights to Iraq and offer customers wider choices of affordable air travel; and at the same time contribute to the trade and tourism ties between the UAE and Iraq.”
Located in the Southern Iraq, Basra is the second largest city in Iraq after the capital Baghdad. The city is known for its large petroleum resources and fertile agriculture region. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Orders top $100bn as Boeing, Airbus battle it out
- Qatar Airways picks US firm for nacelle service
- Oman Air orders five Boeing 737-900ER jets
- Jazeera grabs key ME market share
- Etihad, US firm ink smart technology pact
- Renaissance to host 'day of discovery'
- Boeing clinches $30bn Dreamliner-10 orders
- Accor overhauls Pullman, targets 150 hotels
- Gulf Air official reappointed to key post
- Loss-making Abu Dhabi TDIC sells key project