Morocco may sell airline stake to Gulf player
Rabat, October 15, 2012
Morocco will offer to sell a 44 percent stake in its flag carrier Royal Air Maroc (RAM) to major Gulf airlines, an official source said on Monday.
The proposal will be made during a rare tour by King Mohammed of Saudi Arabia, Qatar, the UAE, Kuwait and Jordan that starts on Tuesday.
"We will listen to their (Gulf airlines) ideas about how they see this partnership ... For our part, we may propose the sale of up to 44 percent stake in RAM to the selected partner," the source told Reuters. - Reuters
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Summit explores future of regional travel industry
- AirAsiaX to buy 25 new Airbus jets
- Dusit launches premium hotel brand
- Etihad names new Kenya GM
- Emirates expands European Tour portfolio
- Gulf Air executive names AACO unit chief
- Air France celebrates 30 years of flying to Saudi
- Turkish Airlines to install 80 Sita kiosks
- BA launches Europe travel sale in UAE
- Etihad signs $3.3m deal with VisitBritain