BA marks Terminal 5 anniversary in Dubai
Dubai, March 28, 2013
British Airways (BA) celebrated London Heathrow Airport’s Terminal 5’s fifth birthday at the Rashid Paediatric Therapy Centre in Dubai.
Paolo De Renzis, area commercial manager, Middle East and Central Asia, said the special event deserved to be celebrated with special people at the party in the centre.
“It’s great to celebrate the joy of Terminal 5’s birthday with children as they can truly understand the spirit of birthdays. We are as excited about the festivity as they are as Terminal 5 turning five is a huge milestone for British Airways, which is our home and a majority of our flights take off from there,” he said.
The children at the centre were excited with the shape of the cake, which was specially commissioned for this occasion and designed to look like a plane in British Airways livery and logo sitting on a bigger cake that was made to look like a runway.
“It’s wonderful that British Airways chose to celebrate Terminal 5’s fifth birthday at our centre with the children. It brings them great pleasure and they are thrilled especially when there’s a cake involved,” said Mariam Othman, centre director, Rashid Paediatric Therapy Centre.
Terminal 5 is very popular with British Airways’ UAE customers for the excellent facilities that are available including the lounges, retail outlets for shopping and a wide variety of cafes and restaurants for either arrival in London or onward flights to Europe and North Atlantic. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Summit explores future of regional travel industry
- AirAsiaX to buy 25 new Airbus jets
- Dusit launches premium hotel brand
- Etihad names new Kenya GM
- Emirates expands European Tour portfolio
- Gulf Air executive names AACO unit chief
- Air France celebrates 30 years of flying to Saudi
- Turkish Airlines to install 80 Sita kiosks
- BA launches Europe travel sale in UAE
- Etihad signs $3.3m deal with VisitBritain