Global Aviation Services eyes GCC expansion
Manama, May 8, 2013
Bahrain-based Global Aviation Services (GAS) will double its facilities in the kingdom as it looks to expand within the GCC region, top officials have said.
All products will be distributed out of GAS' bonded distribution depot located at Bahrain International Airport, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
"The expansion plans are already underway and follow the addition of new products to our line-up of aviation and defence parts supply and services," GAS chief executive John Smith said at a Press conference yesterday at its headquarters in Seef district.
"We have recently expanded our strategic alliance with Donaldson Aerospace and Defence, a division of Donaldson Company, to cover sales and support of filtration solutions for fixed-wing general aviation aircraft and military ground vehicles, as well as helicopters in key Middle Eastern markets.
"This advanced filtration technology helps our clients protect their equipment platforms to perform critical missions while reducing their cost of ownership," said Smith.
"With an inventory of over 450,000 aircraft parts and spares, and our bonded warehousing facility in the kingdom serving as a central location, we are well-positioned to effectively supply to the entire GCC, greater Mena and Asia Pacific regions," he added.
"The company will shortly set up a satellite office in Abu Dhabi to address the larger UAE market of commercial, low cost and private operators in addition to other segments such as aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul centres," director Dr A Latif Al Khaja said.
"Through our demonstrated expertise and strong Middle East presence, we will shorten the supply chain for customers and thereby contribute to both time and cost savings," Dr Al Khaja added.
The company's Bahrain warehouse recently secured AS/EN 9120:2010 aviation spares distribution recertification by TUV Nord. "We are one of only seven companies throughout the GCC with this certification status," Smith said.-TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Bahrain |
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home