Domain Hotels to launch first Bahrain property
Dubai, May 8, 2013
The Domain Hotels has announced plans to launch its first property at the Diplomatic Area in Bahrain this September.
The 36-storey, 131-room property is designed to offer a "socially charged members club" with the added benefit of hotel rooms, the company officials said on the sidelines of the Arabian Travel Market in Dubai.
The Domain Bahrain is a part of the Chic and Unique Hotels Group - a new business division of the Al Matrook Group of Companies headed by Bahraini entrepreneur Faisal Al Matrook.
The concept is led by general manager Patrick de Groot, previously director of development for Dubai's Jumeirah Group.
"Developing a club and hotel concept and hotel brand from scratch is quite an extraordinary opportunity," De Groot said.
"It was truly borne out of passion of an amazing group of innovative hoteliers and a good dose of boredom with the products on the market."
The boutique property houses both luxury suites and rooms.
Facilities at The Domain Bahrain include Vie Spa and Vie Fitness, as well as 375 sqm of flexible meeting space. The hotel-club will have a total of nine restaurants and lounges.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares