Kuwait Airways in financing talks for Airbus order
Kuwait City, May 16, 2013
State-run Kuwait Airways is in talks with local and international banks over some of the financing for an order of 25 new Airbus aircraft it has agreed to acquire, its chairman said on Thursday.
"We are negotiating with Kuwaiti and international banks," chairman Sami al-Nisf told a news conference.
Earlier he had said his government has approved the order for 15 A320neo narrow-body jets and 10 of Airbus's new A350-XWB widebody aircraft plus an option for 10 more aircraft and the airline has signed a "letter of acceptance" with Airbus. – Reuters
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Mideast airlines 'set to rake in $2.4bn in profits'
- Gulf Air launches flights to Sialkot
- Qatar Airways raises Colombo flight capacity
- GCC takes on the Caribbean in big cruise tourism war
- Etihad finace head wins top award
- Turkish Airlines boosts Africa network
- New Holiday Inn hotel opens in Mauritius
- Abu Dhabi Aviation to get latest Bell helicopter
- Gulf Hotels Group plans new spa complex
- Starwood joins hands with Bentley