Hilton to open 2nd hotel in Abu Dhabi
Dubai, May 26, 2013
Hilton Worldwide has announced the signing of a new Hilton Hotels & Resorts branded hotel for Abu Dhabi set to open this summer.
The hotel, currently known as Abu Dhabi Al Maqta, will rebrand and re-open as Hilton Abu Dhabi Capital Grand.
The 281-room property is a curved glass landmark in the capital, close to Abu Dhabi International Airport, Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre and in the heart of the city’s new Capital District.
The hotel features a wide range of quality, spacious accommodations, from classic and deluxe rooms as well as junior to presidential suites, all with signature design pieces of floor-to-ceiling glass windows and marble bathrooms.
Rudi Jagersbacher, president, Hilton Worldwide Middle East & Africa said: “We are delighted to have signed such a prestigious deal for this unique, quality hotel in Abu Dhabi and in an emerging business community.”
The hotel, which will undergo a series of brand changes before joining the Hilton Hotels & Resorts portfolio, features a 700-capacity grand ballroom with a separate 500-capacity function room, five large meeting rooms, two boardrooms and a VIP Majilis with private entrance.
Guests are also offered an indoor and an outdoor pool and the range of amenities also includes seven restaurants and bars, many offering panoramic views of the city.
Rob Palleschi, global head, Hilton Hotels & Resorts said: “Hilton Hotels & Resorts is one of the longest serving international hotel brands in UAE and our proud heritage has served us well in Abu Dhabi since 1973. This latest signing is a worthy addition to our large Middle East portfolio and we look forward to welcoming the growing number of visitors to the UAE’s capital city.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips