SummerFest Abu Dhabi hits the road in GCC
Abu Dhabi, June 9, 2013
Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority (TCA Abu Dhabi) is taking the SummerFest Abu Dhabi, to the GCC with road shows in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Qatar, from June 9 to 13.
SummerFest Abu Dhabi, an upgrade of the emirate's annual summer promotion, will run from June 27 to August 17, spanning mid-summer, the Holy Month of Ramadan, Eid Al Fitr and the destination's traditional EidFest celebrations, said a statement.
It will revolve around a family-friendly hub of edutainment activities, shows and performances spread over four action-packed halls at Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre (Adnec), while a line-up of Arabic concerts, dual-language comedy nights, theatre productions and celebrity-driven sport activations will also roll-out at du Forum on Yas Island, it said.
“We have a single, focussed aim,” said Mubarak Al Nuaimi, director promotions & overseas offices, TCA Abu Dhabi. “That is to ensure agents in the important GCC market are fully aware of our re-energised summer promotion and are incentivised to sell the destination.”
Guests booking three nights at any of the 35 Abu Dhabi hotels during SummerFest Abu Dhabi, with the exception of Eid, will also get free entry tickets to the Ferrari World Abu Dhabi theme park and the Yas Waterworld, it said.
“The offers will be distributed by wholesalers, GCC agents and hotel websites,” said Al Nuaimi. “Our top sellers stand the chance of winning trips to November’s F1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Mideast airlines 'set to rake in $2.4bn in profits'
- Gulf Air launches flights to Sialkot
- Qatar Airways raises Colombo flight capacity
- GCC takes on the Caribbean in big cruise tourism war
- Etihad finace head wins top award
- Turkish Airlines boosts Africa network
- New Holiday Inn hotel opens in Mauritius
- Abu Dhabi Aviation to get latest Bell helicopter
- Gulf Hotels Group plans new spa complex
- Starwood joins hands with Bentley