SummerFest Abu Dhabi hits the road in GCC
Abu Dhabi, June 9, 2013
Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority (TCA Abu Dhabi) is taking the SummerFest Abu Dhabi, to the GCC with road shows in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Qatar, from June 9 to 13.
SummerFest Abu Dhabi, an upgrade of the emirate's annual summer promotion, will run from June 27 to August 17, spanning mid-summer, the Holy Month of Ramadan, Eid Al Fitr and the destination's traditional EidFest celebrations, said a statement.
It will revolve around a family-friendly hub of edutainment activities, shows and performances spread over four action-packed halls at Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre (Adnec), while a line-up of Arabic concerts, dual-language comedy nights, theatre productions and celebrity-driven sport activations will also roll-out at du Forum on Yas Island, it said.
“We have a single, focussed aim,” said Mubarak Al Nuaimi, director promotions & overseas offices, TCA Abu Dhabi. “That is to ensure agents in the important GCC market are fully aware of our re-energised summer promotion and are incentivised to sell the destination.”
Guests booking three nights at any of the 35 Abu Dhabi hotels during SummerFest Abu Dhabi, with the exception of Eid, will also get free entry tickets to the Ferrari World Abu Dhabi theme park and the Yas Waterworld, it said.
“The offers will be distributed by wholesalers, GCC agents and hotel websites,” said Al Nuaimi. “Our top sellers stand the chance of winning trips to November’s F1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas