Ramada Ajman plans ‘green’ art contest
Ajman, September 9, 2013
Ramada Hotel and Suites Ajman is set to organise an art competition aimed at raising environmental awareness among 100,000 school children in the northern emirates.
The competition, under the theme ‘Going Green: Reduce, Reuse and Recycle,’ is open to students from Sharjah, Ajman, Ras Al Khaimah, Umm Al Quwait and Fujairah aged six to 12.
The Ministry of Education, in association with which the event is being organised, will start distribution of the art sheets to different schools starting from October 1 and students can showcase their painting using crayons and water or oil paint.
The painting should illustrate how children can contribute in the conservation of the environment through the reduce, reuse and recycle approach, said a senior official.
"This art competition aims to raise awareness and encourage youth involvement in taking care of the planet and we look forward to the active participation of the schools, along with the support of the other organisations in making this art competition a success," said Iftikhar Hamdani, general manager, Ramada Hotel and Suites Ajman.
The last date for submission of art sheets is October 30.
Three winners per category will be awarded and consolation prizes for the top 100 students will be presented at a special ceremony on November 27 at the Majestic Ballroom of Ramada Ajman. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Summit explores future of regional travel industry
- AirAsiaX to buy 25 new Airbus jets
- Dusit launches premium hotel brand
- Etihad names new Kenya GM
- Emirates expands European Tour portfolio
- Gulf Air executive names AACO unit chief
- Air France celebrates 30 years of flying to Saudi
- Turkish Airlines to install 80 Sita kiosks
- BA launches Europe travel sale in UAE
- Etihad signs $3.3m deal with VisitBritain