TripAdvisor launches photo wall campaign
Istanbul, October 23, 2013
TripAdvisor, the world’s largest travel site, today launched its Ultimate Travel Photo Wall, an eight-week campaign showcasing a collection of inspiring TripAdvisor traveller photos that highlight the experiences of contributors across the globe.
From October 22 through December 17, visitors to TripAdvisor can vote for their favourite photos and are also encouraged to share their personal travel experiences by uploading photos of their own, said a statement.
TripAdvisor has partnered with Turkish Airlines, recently designated by the Skytrax 2013 World Airline Awards as “Europe’s Best Airline,” to give away a pair of roundtrip tickets each week of the campaign to any destination Turkish Airlines serves. TripAdvisor visitors may vote daily for a new chance to win each week.
TripAdvisor has selected some of the most impressive images from the more than 14 million candid traveler photos uploaded to the site, and sorted them into eight unique categories reflecting popular photo themes. Once travellers vote on their favourite photos, they can share them with friends and followers on social channels.
“With millions of spectacular photos on TripAdvisor, we’re delighted to showcase these popular snapshots of memorable travel moments from our passionate community,” said Barbara Messing, chief marketing officer at TripAdvisor. “Photos uniquely allow us to relive some of our favorite travel memories and we hope these images inspire travelers to plan their next perfect trip.”- TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport