Halal travel booking website launched
Singapore, December 26, 2013
Singapore-based Crescentrating, a global authority on Halal travel, has launched a dedicated travel booking site catering to the needs of Muslims.
HalalTrip.com features over 380,000 hotels and other accommodations from Booking.com, world leader in online hotel reservations. A global directory of Halal restaurants, mosques and other Halal friendly amenities near the hotel and surrounding neighborhood will allow the travelers to make educated choices.
Crescentrated Hotels will also be featured with information regarding their verified and audited Halal friendly facilities and amenities.
HalalTrip.com has partnered with Booking.com to provide its customers with one of the world’s largest inventories of hotel and holiday travel accommodations.
Flight booking will be powered by Wego.com’s meta-search engine producing the best prices for flights while booking travel arrangements.
Ross Veitch, Wego CEO & founder, said: “Wego is delighted to be providing flight search technology for HalalTrip.com. We congratulate Crescentrating on their innovative ratings system they are bringing to the market to enable Islamic travellers to make better lifestyle and travel decisions.”
Tour packages tailor made for Muslim travelers will soon be available on HalalTrip.com and via accredited travel agents. These tour packages have been developed in partnership with Kuoni Group Travel Experts, one of the world’s largest wholesale tour operators.
Olivier Moeschler, Kuoni Group Travel Expert’s senior vice president for Sales and Marketing Asia Pacific & the Americas, said: “With a rising population exceeding 1.6 billion people, Muslims are increasingly choosing travel options that combine their wish to see the best of leading destinations with more specialised needs such as Halal food, Salaath facilities or services during Ramadan.”
“Our partnership with Crescentrating and HalalTrip.com will help us exceed their expectations as we further expand our range of Halal friendly travel destinations, accommodation and experiences,” he added.
Dany Bolduc, chief operating officer for Crescentrating, said: “We are most proud of the HalalTrip.com website and are aiming to be the leader in the online travel booking market for Halal Travel.
“We have very ambitious plans with an ever growing database and additional features to create a hassle-free travel experience for Muslim travellers.”
Other features will be added progressively including Arabic and other language interfaces, he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas