Al Ahli posts 30pc jump in Q1 net
Doha, April 10, 2008
Al Ahli Bank said on Thursday first-quarter profit surged 30 per cent to QR85.5 million ($23.50 million).
The bank's earnings per share for the three months ended March 31 were QR1.46 compared with QR1.12 for the same period last year, it said in a statement on the bourse Web site. It did not give a reason for the profit jump.
Its shares were up 3.55 percent at 0826 GMT, but are more than 3 percent lower this year.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- KFH says 20pc capital increase oversubscribed
- Bank Nizwa, Bahwan in travel finance tie-up
- Saudi IPO subscriptions plunge 53pc in Q1
- UAB, Al Ansari partner for payment solution
- Nexus launches Kuwait operations
- Tunisia may delay sukuk issue to next year
- Al Baraka Turk planning $200m sukuk
- Kuwait April inflation climbs to 2.8pc y/y
- Bahrain Islamic Bank names new chairman
- Oman 'must consider fiscal reforms as priority'