Info2cell.com, Future TV sign content deal
Dubai, August 7, 2008
Info2cell.com has signed a content license and distribution agreement with Lebanon-based Future TV.
Under the deal, Infocell will provide video and MMS clips of popular TV programmes - ’Rossoom Mutaharirah’, ’La Yomal’ and ’Abou Riad’ - to mobile phone users in Saudi Arabia.
Through the subscription-based service, launched on August 8, 2008, users will receive the content three times per week.
Each video clip – video IVR, WAP portal, video push and video streaming - will be up to two minutes long, while the MMS content will be 30 seconds in duration.
Bashar Dahabra, founder and CEO of Info2cell.com, said: ’We are pleased to sign this important agreement with Future TV which will enable us to provide select clippings from three highly popular TV programmes on the mobile phones of subscribers.
’Info2cell.com is committed to offering the most innovative and exciting content to its subscribers, in line with current market trends and consumer interests, and this partnership with Future TV perfectly complements our strategy.’
Samir S Hammoud, chairman and general manager of Future TV, said: ’The viewership for our programmes has been growing steadily in recent years and we are glad that this alliance with Info2cell.com has created another vital channel for subscribers in KSA to view clippings of some of our most watched programmes.’
Last year, Info2cell.com teamed up with MBC channel in Saudi Arabia to offer subscribers, video clips, ring tones, wallpapers and Java games of hugely popular television programmes including ’Tash Ma Tash’, ’Beiny o Bainak’, ’Meznah’ and ’Stories of the Prophet’.
Dahabra was the chief architect and founder for the concept of a regional wireless portal service in the Middle East. And after having observed and studied the convergence of the Internet and wireless technologies in the mid 90’s, developed the info2cell concept in late 1998.
As the CEO, Dahabra was in charge of the overall Business Development, Systems Development and Financial strategies, dealing with the day to day operations of Info2cell.
Dahabra sold Info2cell early in 2003 to Acotel having interconnected his company with 30 regional operators such as MTC-Kuwait, Zain-Jordan, MobiNil-Egypt, Batelco-Bahrain, Etisalat-UAE, Qtel-Qatar, Jawwal-Palestine and having over 250,000 registered mobile subscribers.
Dahabra has 28 years of Systems Engineering, Management and Entrepreneurial experience, having worked for IBM for 10 years in Kuwait, Bahrain, Iraq, and Jordan.
Dahabra also worked as Director for Systems Development with FLAG for two years in NY, USA. Dahabra was the founder of a number of successful startups in Jordan, Bahrain and the region including Unitech - Jordan, Unisat - Jordan, First Telecommunication Group – Jordan, Magnet- Jordan and Gulf Soft - Bahrain. - TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Emaar proposes 15pc cash dividends
- ABG units win top Islamic finance award
- Finance House approves 25pc cash dividends
- Qatar 'most expensive country in Gulf'
- Egypt regulator sets rules for index
- Dubai Islamic eyes Kenya, Indonesia for expansion
- ADCB to buy back 3pc of its shares
- GCC insurance growth outpaces developed markets
- Bahrain 'faces budget deficit, inflation challenges'
- Global Payment Services wins key certification
- BBK unveils big India expansion plans
- Kuwait GDP growth to hit 3.5pc in 2014
- Gulf shares tumble over EM exposure cut
- GCC bonds to gain from macro-economic climate
- French Business Council Dubai members up 18pc
- Egypt economy growth seen less strong than thought
- Sharjah approves $4.2bn budget for 2014
- Saudi non-oil sector posts solid growth in Feb
- Seera total income rises to $34m
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch