GBCORP wins top Islamic banking award
Manama, January 15, 2009
Bahrain-based Global Banking Corporation (GBCORP) has been honoured with the Islamic banking and finance 'Best New Bank' award by CPI Financial.
'This award is a reaffirmation and recognition of our business strategies,' GBCORP head of investment banking Ahmed Al Khan said.
'Since its inception, GBCORP has focused on human capital as its greatest strength, advocating and adopting a pragmatic policy that encourages innovation and facilitates global investment opportunities through building partnerships for mutual development.
'We are extremely honoured to receive this award and believe it is testament to the expertise of our multinational team with experience in diverse product portfolio and a determination to make a difference,' he said.
The award was presented to GBCORP at a ceremony held at the Godolphin Ballroom, Emirates Towers, Dubai.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Oman 'must consider fiscal reforms as priority'
- Qatar Exchange to start trading govt bonds
- NBK opens new branch in UAE
- Dubai utility repays $871m Islamic bond
- Investcorp buys stake in Saudi energy firm
- Tunisia to spend over $1bn to recapitalise banks
- UAE revives proposal to merge stock exchanges
- Saudi non oil exports hit $4.74bn in April
- Global Takaful market to hit $20bn
- NBAD launches new Dubai branch