GBCORP wins top Islamic banking award
Manama, January 15, 2009
Bahrain-based Global Banking Corporation (GBCORP) has been honoured with the Islamic banking and finance 'Best New Bank' award by CPI Financial.
'This award is a reaffirmation and recognition of our business strategies,' GBCORP head of investment banking Ahmed Al Khan said.
'Since its inception, GBCORP has focused on human capital as its greatest strength, advocating and adopting a pragmatic policy that encourages innovation and facilitates global investment opportunities through building partnerships for mutual development.
'We are extremely honoured to receive this award and believe it is testament to the expertise of our multinational team with experience in diverse product portfolio and a determination to make a difference,' he said.
The award was presented to GBCORP at a ceremony held at the Godolphin Ballroom, Emirates Towers, Dubai.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Dubai inflation hits 4-year high in Nov
- New guidelines for Islamic banks, Takaful
- ADS to enter UK in 2014, starts pricing yuan
- Citadel cuts net loss as regional unrest eases
- Saudi inflation edges up to 3.1pc y/y in Nov
- Kuwait's Investment Dar reaches key debt agreement
- Banks on alert over ATM fraud
- Bahrain's economy bounces back on positive outlook
- Mena inbound M&A value triples to $3.9bn
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity