Al Baraka in key finance agreement
Manama, February 3, 2010
Al Baraka Islamic Bank has signed a MoU with Blue Water Investment Company to finance customers seeking to buy properties from the company.
'Since its launch of our Taqseet product, which was designed to finance the different consumer, housing and investment needs of our customers, it has been met with high demand and widespread acceptance in the local market,' said Al Baraka Islamic Bank director and chief executive officer Mohamed Isa Al Mutaweh.
'The signing of the memorandum of understanding with Blue Water Investment Company is perhaps further evidence of this popularity.'
He said the bank had designed the Taqseet mortgage finance to meet such needs by offering a finance amount up to BD500,000 ($1.3 million) for a period of 25 years at very competitive profit rates compared to other banks.
Blue Water said that they were pleased with the co-operation with Al Baraka Islamic Bank because it enjoyed an excellent reputation in the local market in providing high quality banking services.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- More support for Islamic banking urged
- Bahrain to set new takaful rules by year-end
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain
- Saudi economic growth picks up in Q3
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head