UAE govt will support Dubai says minister
Dubai, March 9, 2010
The federal government will support Dubai as it grapples with a $26 billion debt restructuring and expects the matter to be resolved soon, the United Arab Emirate's finance minister said on Tuesday.
Asked whether the government would support Dubai, Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid Al-Maktoum said: "Of course. Dubai is part of the federation."
Sheikh Hamdan, who is also deputy ruler of Dubai, said Dubai had not yet approached the federal government for aid.
"The federation hasn't reached that far but the emirates' are one entity and things will be resolved soon, God willing." - Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- AAIB unit starts crisis assistance travel service
- Abu Dhabi may need to lower industry growth target
- Kuwait credit hits 5-year high; tops $1.3bn
- UAE stocks rally, Abu Dhabi tops 4,000 mark
- Abraaj completes 15 exits in 2013
- Barwa gets top HSE certifications
- Egypt's forex reserves dip to $17.8bn in Nov
- Experts put spotlight on Mena tax issues
- BMI, Muharraq SC launch co-branded credit card
- NBAD partners with top business school