Mubadala finalises $2.5bn credit facility
Abu Dhabi, April 18, 2010
Abu Dhabi government-owned Mubadala Development Company has finalised a three-year, $2.5 billion revolving credit facility with a group of international banks, its chief financial officer said on Sunday.
'It is a matter of days for the signing,' Carlos Obeid told reporters at a property show.
'It is for general corporate purposes. The terms are better compared to the market now,' he said without being more specific.
A group of 19 banks including Citigroup, HSBC, RBS, Standard Chartered, Calyon and others are part of the club deal financing Mubadala, he said.
The loan is a refinancing of an existing facility.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson