Kipco Q2 profit dives 61pc
Kuwait, August 10, 2010
Kuwait Projects Co (Kipco), the country's biggest investment company by assets, posted a 61 per cent decline in its second-quarter net profit.
Net profit for the quarter came in at KD4.83 million ($16.86 million), down from KD12.4 million in the year-earlier period, Kipco said in a statement on the Kuwaiti bourse website on Tuesday.
Profit in the first half to June 30 amounted to KD9.6 million, compared with KD21.6 million in the same period a year earlier, Kipco said.
'Our results are also underpinned by Kipco's strong financials where we have enough cash to meet all our debt obligations until 2020,' Samer Khanachet, Kipco's chief operating officer said in a statement. – Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- ABG units win top Islamic finance award
- Finance House approves 25pc cash dividends
- Qatar 'most expensive country in Gulf'
- Egypt regulator sets rules for index
- Dubai Islamic eyes Kenya, Indonesia for expansion
- ADCB to buy back 3pc of its shares
- GCC insurance growth outpaces developed markets
- Bahrain 'faces budget deficit, inflation challenges'
- Global Payment Services wins key certification
- BBK unveils big India expansion plans
- Kuwait GDP growth to hit 3.5pc in 2014
- Gulf shares tumble over EM exposure cut
- GCC bonds to gain from macro-economic climate
- French Business Council Dubai members up 18pc
- Egypt economy growth seen less strong than thought
- Sharjah approves $4.2bn budget for 2014
- Saudi non-oil sector posts solid growth in Feb
- Seera total income rises to $34m
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator