EzRemit in key partnership with Egypt bank
Manama, September 8, 2010
Bahrain-based EzRemit, part of BFC Group Holdings has signed a strategic money transfer partnership with United Bank of Egypt (UBE), the third largest in Egypt.
BFC Holdings also owns Bahrain Financing Company (BFC), the kingdom's oldest and leading money transfer and foreign exchange group.
The expansion is part of EzRemit's ambitious geographical growth plan, with UBE's large branch network adding 38 locations throughout Egypt.
The partnership is being driven by the growth potential projected for the local remittance industry, with Egypt ranking among the top 10 receiving countries in the world, according to the World Bank, with $8.7 billion received in 2008 and $7.8bn estimated for 2009.
'Despite the economic crisis, EzRemit is still actively expanding its service network, and this tie-up in Egypt is an important part of our vision to increase our presence across regional and global markets,' said BFC Group Holdings managing director and chief executive Ebrahim Nonoo.
'EzRemit will give UBE's customers a more cost-effective means of transferring money to Egypt, and will also make money transfer accessible to those who don't have a bank account through EzRemit's instant cash service,' he added.
UBE, with 43 branches countrywide, serves various sectors of clients to meet all their financial and banking needs.
The inclusion of UBE as an EzRemit global partner will help firmly establish EzRemit as a leading money transfer operator with a strong global footprint. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- ADS Securities inks deal with Tunes Group
- EMP expands Iraq card operations
- Dubai ICD planning to boost $2bn loan
- CEO-elect of fraud-hit Rakbank quits
- Saudi foreign assets hit record $668.2bn
- Major trade success for BBK Brokerage
- NBAD raises convertible bond issue to $465m
- Mashreq to enhance mobile banking app
- NBK Capital exits Turkey hospital chain
- Abu Dhabi holding firm Senaat plans share sale