NBAD names new chief for division
Abu Dhabi, November 23, 2010
The National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD) has appointed Vasgen Edwards as the head of International Corporate Banking.
Edwards will manage the international corporate clients, with a mandate to grow the bank’s corporate banking business with multinationals operating in the UAE and the Mena region.
He will also work with NBAD’s offices in Europe, the US and the Far East to develop Export Credit Agency Financing business opportunities.
“Vasgen Edwards is taking on a key role as the head of International Corporate Banking and we have the utmost confidence that he will take NBAD’s International Corporate Banking to new frontiers,” said Abdulla Al Otaiba, the general manager of Corporate Banking Group and deputy senior general manager of Corporate Investment Banking.
Edwards joined NBAD from Lloyds Banking Group, where he was the managing director and head of Corporate Asset Finance. He has also worked for GE Capital and has, during his career, managed international financing operations, headed a specialist credit team and has been active in a number of industrial markets including rail, semi-conductor and aviation. –TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- ADCB to buy back 3pc of its shares
- GCC insurance growth outpaces developed markets
- Bahrain 'faces budget deficit, inflation challenges'
- Global Payment Services wins key certification
- BBK unveils big India expansion plans
- Kuwait GDP growth to hit 3.5pc in 2014
- Gulf shares tumble over EM exposure cut
- GCC bonds to gain from macro-economic climate
- French Business Council Dubai members up 18pc
- Egypt economy growth seen less strong than thought
- Sharjah approves $4.2bn budget for 2014
- Saudi non-oil sector posts solid growth in Feb
- Seera total income rises to $34m
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade