KFH-Bahrain in key Islamic finance talks
Manama, November 26, 2010
Kuwait Finance House (KFH) - Bahrain received a high-level delegation from the Republic of Ingushetia, which was part of the old Soviet Union, and discussed co-operation on Islamic finance.
The delegation included Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister Musa Chiliev and Economy Minister Visit Aushev.
The meeting focused on co-operation on Islamic finance in particular and investments as well as joint ventures in general between Bahrain and the republic which has a population of 600,000.
'I am very pleased to meet such a high- level delegation from a very friendly country,' said KFH-Bahrain managing director and chief executive officer Abdulhakeem Alkhayyat said.
'The two countries have many common characteristics such as population and the size of the economy. 'We are looking forward to co-operation with Ingushetia,' he added.
Chiliev and his delegation were in the kingdom to take part in the Bahrain World Economic Forum.
'There are a lot of investment opportunities in our country, particularly in the fields of construction, agriculture and Islamic finance services,' said Chiliev.
'We have made some very interesting contacts for the future at this event,' he said.
'Ingushetia is one of the young republics looking to the Middle East to develop business.'-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Dubai inflation hits 4-year high in Nov
- New guidelines for Islamic banks, Takaful
- ADS to enter UK in 2014, starts pricing yuan
- Citadel cuts net loss as regional unrest eases
- Saudi inflation edges up to 3.1pc y/y in Nov
- Kuwait's Investment Dar reaches key debt agreement
- Banks on alert over ATM fraud
- Bahrain's economy bounces back on positive outlook
- Mena inbound M&A value triples to $3.9bn
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity