Methaq Takaful completes e-link with traffic depts
Abu Dhabi, January 10, 2011
Methaq Takaful Insurance announced that it has finalised the electronic link between its online platform and the Abu Dhabi E-Traffic services and Dubai’s Roads & Traffic Authority (RTA).
The new online system will allow direct contact with the traffic departments and instant updating of the customer’s data before issuing the insurance policy.
The new system saves the customer’s time and effort during vehicles registration and renewal and cuts the time needed for these procedures, as all the data is available on line.
This move comes in line with the Insurance Authority’s drive to launch an electronic link among all insurance companies in the UAE to establish a unified drivers’ database. It will provide information about accidents caused by the driver, and will help reducing occurrences of traffic accidents by giving drivers motivation, facilities and discounts on insurance policies. It also seeks to promote competitiveness among insurance companies to enhance the quality of their services in the interest of both the insurers and the customers.
“We are proud to be leaders in providing our online users with a secured digital platform, which is fully connected with the licensing departments, to ensure their peace of mind in finalising all vehicle insurance-related procedures in a few minutes,” said Khalil Ghneim, GM of Methaq Takaful.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson