Unicorn's Jordan supermarket project on track
Manama, January 20, 2011
Bahrain-based Unicorn Bank has seen the fit-out begin on its Spinneys supermarket development in Jordan.
The development is a 5,000sqm unit located at TAJ, a high-end shopping and entertainment complex co-owned by the bank.
TAJ is currently nearing completion in Jordan's upscale Abdoun district.
Spinneys is an anchor tenant of the new complex, which is on track to open for trading in the third quarter of 2011, following months of intense construction activity.
A wide range of tenants have been signed by TAJ, including many well-known international and regional brands, some opening in Jordan for the first time.
TAJ will include more than 180 retail outlets, a 12-screen multiplex, kids zones, arcade centres and an extensive food and beverage offering.
'We are pleased to have handed over to Spinneys their unit at TAJ and expect many other units at the complex to begin fit-out works shortly, paving the way to a successful and strong opening later this year,' said Unicorn acting chief executive officer Ikbal Daredia.
Spinneys is expected to create approximately 270 new jobs at TAJ. The complex expects to attract more than seven million visitors per year.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf must consider flexible exchange rate: banker
- Productivity, trade 'key to Bahrain growth'
- Arqaam Capital advises Magrabi on key acquisition
- NBK to fund hospital expansion
- Doha Bank may sell bonds to raise capital
- Reuters launches Islamic finance indicator
- IMF 'not worried about Dubai debt obligations'
- Nonoo Exchange opens Riffa branch
- Inflation a risk for strong Saudi economy: IMF
- Ahli United expands key POS service