NBAD increases Emiratisation to 39pc
Abu Dhabi, January 23, 2011
National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD), the leading bank in the UAE, has increased the number of its UAE national employees to 39 per cent at the end of 2010.
NBAD recruited 393 UAE nationals during 2010, thus increasing Emiratisation to 39 per cent from 36 per cent a year earlier. The Government of the UAE has mandated that financial services companies to make UAE nationals comprise 40 per cent of the workforce. With NBAD starting 2011 at 39 per cent Emiratisation the bank is in position to achieve the g overnment’s mandate this year.
“We believe NBAD must contribute to the development of the nation’s human resources,” said Ehab Anis Hassan, group chief human resources officer at NBAD.
NBAD has won a number of awards and recognitions for its Emiratisation programmes and record. Michael H. Tomalin, the group chief executive of NBAD, won the Best Emiratisation CEO award in Banking Sector 2009 from Emirates Institute for Banking and Financial studies.
NBAD won the Human Resources Development Award in Banking Sector for 2008 for its successful Emiratisation programmes.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson