KIA says not to liquidate Mena investments
Kuwait, March 1, 2011
Kuwait Investment Authority (KIA), the Gulf state's sovereign fund, is not considering liquidating any of its investments in Mena region, an unnamed source said in published remarks on Tuesday.
Recent political unrest in the region has roiled financial markets and threaten to derail investment prospects of the region.
'KIA assesses its investments periodically, assuring that it does not mean existing or liquidating any of it,' Arabic newspaper al-Watan quoted the source as saying.
The source also told the paper that KIA's investments were not affected by the current political events.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson