Dubai Bank announces winner of Kunooz prize
Dubai, March 7, 2011
A Dubai-based textiles entrepreneur has been named as the winner of the February Dubai Bank Kunooz cash prize.
Shyam Shewaramani, who only opened his Kunooz Savings Account five months ago on the encouragement of his wife, won the Dh1 million ($272,238) prize.
Shewaramani has resided in the UAE since 1992, where he runs a successful family business. He has two sons who run the business overseas, in China and Russia. It was his wife, who keeps a safety deposit box with Dubai Bank, who first heard about the Kunooz Savings Account when she visited her local branch. On learning of Kunooz’s many attractive features, she encouraged her husband to close an account with another bank and open one with Dubai Bank.
A successful businessman, Shewaramani, 55, plans to spend the winnings on his family.
“The savings potential and opportunity to generate optimal returns continues to attract customers from across the UAE to Kunooz,” said Tariq Al Farsi, head of Branches at Dubai Bank.
Under the Kunooz monthly cash prize promotion, each multiple of Dh1,000 deposited in the Kunooz Account qualifies the customer for multiple entries into the draw for daily cash prizes of Dh30,000.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook