Sakana contributes Zakat to orphanage
Manama, April 10, 2011
Bahrain-based Sakana Holistic Housing Solutions, the Islamic mortgage finance provider, has contributed BD 5,000 ($13,262) Zakat to Al Sanabel Orphans Care on behalf of its shareholders.
Sakana’s vice chairman Abdul Hakim Al Mutawa presented the cheque to Yousif Abdulla Uqab Member of the board of trustees and head of public relations and financial resources of Al Sanabel Orphans Care.
Sakana Holistic Housing Solutions commenced operations in December 2006 as a 50:50 joint venture between BBK and Shamil Bank. In early 2010, Capinnova Investment Bank, fully owned subsidiary of BBK acquired 50 per cent stake in Sakana from BBK.
Further, Shamil Bank was merged with its parent Ithmaar Bank in 2010 and accordingly Ithmaar Bank became a 50 per cent stakeholder.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Emaar proposes 15pc cash dividends
- ABG units win top Islamic finance award
- Finance House approves 25pc cash dividends
- Qatar 'most expensive country in Gulf'
- Egypt regulator sets rules for index
- Dubai Islamic eyes Kenya, Indonesia for expansion
- ADCB to buy back 3pc of its shares
- GCC insurance growth outpaces developed markets
- Bahrain 'faces budget deficit, inflation challenges'
- Global Payment Services wins key certification
- BBK unveils big India expansion plans
- Kuwait GDP growth to hit 3.5pc in 2014
- Gulf shares tumble over EM exposure cut
- GCC bonds to gain from macro-economic climate
- French Business Council Dubai members up 18pc
- Egypt economy growth seen less strong than thought
- Sharjah approves $4.2bn budget for 2014
- Saudi non-oil sector posts solid growth in Feb
- Seera total income rises to $34m
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch