Jadwa Investment wins top award
Manama, September 27, 2011
Jadwa Investment, a leading Saudi investment bank, won top honours at the seventh Annual World Islamic Funds and Financial Markets Conference (WIFFMC) being held in Bahrain.
Jadwa was voted as the "2011 WIFFMC Islamic Investment Institution of the Year" from a short-list of nominees, through a unique industry-based voting process.
WIFFMC last night recognised major achievements, innovations and excellence in the global Islamic funds and investments industry at the seventh WIFFMC 2011 awards ceremony in the Gulf Hotel.
The Saudi bank's nomination was based on its strategy of active and disciplined fund management that played an important role in achieving the fund's performance confirming the soundness of the investment strategies pursued and leading to continuous growth of the investments.
Central Bank of Bahrain executive director financial institutions supervision Abdul Rahman Al Baker presented the award to Jadwa chief operating officer Abdullah N Aleisa.
"We are delighted to have been voted the WIFFMC Islamic Investment Institution of the Year 2011," a spokesman for Jadwa said.
"To receive this award, which is considered one of the most prestigious in the global Islamic funds and investments industry, is a great honour," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson