CBB chief to chair IFSB talks
Manama, November 15, 2011
Central Bank of Bahrain (CBB) Governor Rasheed Al Maraj will chair the annual meeting of the Islamic Financial Services Board (IFSB) in Malaysia.
The two-day session that opens on Wednesday in Kuala Lumpur will review IFSB periodic work strategy, the 2012-13 budget and memberships.
The IFSB is an international organisation that promotes and enhances the soundness and stability of the Islamic financial services industry by issuing standards and guiding principles, broadly defined to include banking, capital markets and insurance sectors.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- ADS Securities inks deal with Tunes Group
- EMP expands Iraq card operations
- Dubai ICD planning to boost $2bn loan
- CEO-elect of fraud-hit Rakbank quits
- Saudi foreign assets hit record $668.2bn
- Major trade success for BBK Brokerage
- NBAD raises convertible bond issue to $465m
- Mashreq to enhance mobile banking app
- NBK Capital exits Turkey hospital chain
- Abu Dhabi holding firm Senaat plans share sale