Capinnova backs Islamic banking summit
Manama, November 21, 2011
Capinnova Investment Bank, the Sharia-compliant investment banking arm of BBK, has confirmed its partnership at the 18th Annual World Islamic Banking Conference as gold strategic partner.
'We are proud to be associated with the conference as its gold strategic partner,' said Capinnova chief executive Jamal Hijres.
'The country remains a popular destination for foreign investors on account of its established regulatory practices, transparency and adherence to international standards.
'We believe that Bahrain will continue to see strong growth in its financial sector.
'Regional economies have helped raise the level of competition but Bahrain is still at the forefront and aptly retains its title as one of the largest financial centres in the region,' he stated.
'There are several opportunities to be tapped within the country to secure good returns and long-term sustainability.
'We will continue to support such industry events where large groups of Islamic banking experts gather to propel the industry forward,' Hijres added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson