Mashreq leads loan syndicate for Bank of Ceylon
Dubai, December 26, 2011
Dubai lender Mashreq said on Monday it had led a syndication of banks to raise a $140 million loan for Sri Lanka's Bank of Ceylon.
Ten regional banks participated in the facility, including Oman's Bank Sohar and Bank Dhofar, Qatar's Doha Bank and UAE lenders Emirates NBD and Union National Bank.
The statement did not provide details on the terms of the loan, including the tenor and pricing, but said the deal was oversubscribed.
Mashreq acted as the mandated lead arranger, book runner and facility agent for the syndication. – Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- NBAD partners with Insead
- Dubai non-oil trade surges 10pc to $272bn
- Iran president targets stagflation in first budget
- DFM accredits 2 firms for margin trading
- Kuwait inflation plunges to nine-year low
- DFM trading hit by technical fault
- GCC firms seek Egypt investment guarantee
- Qatar c.bank plans $1.1bn in bonds, sukuk
- More support for Islamic banking urged
- Bahrain to set new takaful rules by year-end