CMH distributes solid dividends to investors
Manama, February 13, 2012
Bahrain-based Islamic investment bank Capital Management House (CMH) has distributed quarterly dividends, calculated at 10 per cent per annum, to its GCC investors of CMH Aircraft Leasing Investment Company for the fourth quarter of 2011.
'We are delighted to have delivered solid dividends for four consecutive quarters to investors from across the GCC that participated in our aviation leasing company,' said CMH chief investment officer Mohamed Aljasim.
'Our focus is on investments with significant growth potential but importantly those that are also income yielding.
'At the end of 2010, we identified aviation and the leasing sub-segment, in particular, as areas of opportunity and concluded a successful transaction that enabled CMH to realise strong gains and create a steady stream of income for the bank and our investors throughout 2011.'
CMH is also exploring further attractive opportunities in this sector.
CMH's aircraft leasing company was created in January 2011 and has been structured around a transaction concluded with Emirates Airlines, which consists of the acquisition of a Boeing 777-200ER aircraft from the airline and an agreement whereby it has been leased back to Emirates.
The deal, which was undertaken in partnership with Novus Aviation and Muzun Partner, builds on opportunities in the regional aviation sector, which has shown to be resilient, and on the leasing sub-segment where strong returns can be achieved and where further growth, both in absolute and relative terms, is expected to continue in light of the Middle East's position as one of the fastest growing travel hubs in the world.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit