Bahrain to list key $424m sukuk
Manama, August 8, 2012
Bahrain Bourse has announced the listing of a government leasing sukuk (Islamic bond) worth BD160 million ($424 million) which pays an annual fixed rate of return of 4.3 per cent.
The sukuk, issued by the Central Bank of Bahrain on behalf of the Government, has a face value of BD10,000. It is set to mature in five years on July 17, 2017.
It is payable every six months on January 17 and July 17 of the issuance period.
The minimum amount of investment in the sukuk is BD10,000 or multiples thereof.
Following this listing, the number of conventional bonds and sukuk listed on the bourse has reached 10, valued at about $3.21 billion.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Dubai ICD planning to boost $2bn loan
- CEO-elect of fraud-hit Rakbank quits
- Saudi foreign assets hit record $668.2bn
- Major trade success for BBK Brokerage
- NBAD raises convertible bond issue to $465m
- Mashreq to enhance mobile banking app
- NBK Capital exits Turkey hospital chain
- Abu Dhabi holding firm Senaat plans share sale
- Iraq Trade Bank to expand into Lebanon, Turkey
- UAE’s non-oil job, output levels surge