Al Ghurair gets lifetime achievement award
Dubai, September 30, 2012
Leading UAE bank Mashreq said its CEO AbdulAziz Al Ghurair has been honoured with the 'Lifetime Achievement Award' at the inaugural Gulf Business Industry Awards 2012 ceremony held in Dubai.
The awards recognize the very best achievements of individuals and companies across 24 categories from the region's most economically-important sectors, including banking, real estate and technology.
After receiving the award, Al Ghurair said, “I am very humbled by this award and would like to commend the efforts put to organize this gathering. I am pleased to be present amongst individuals who have demonstrated excellence."
"It is significant to extend similar platform to celebrate those who have contributed towards the sustainability and growth of our country," he added.
The award ceremony was attended by senior executives and decision makers across many sectors in the economy.
The prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award is a recognition of devotion and excellence over a sustained period and Al Ghurair stood out as the most deserving recipient.” said Ian Fairservice, the group editor and managing partner of Motivate Publishing.
"Al Ghurair has had significant influence over a number of industries for many years and has been one of the key figures in establishing Dubai and the UAE as a world-leader through his contributions in business and public service," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Al Baraka summit to discuss financial trends
- Bahrain real GDP grows 3.9pc in 2012
- Deutsche Bank named top FX bank in Mideast
- Doha bourse breaks key 9,000 level
- UAE economic growth hits 4.4pc in 2012
- DFM firms achieve 100pc compliance
- NBK Egypt unit Q1 profit up 15.3pc
- Barclays names key official for Abu Dhabi
- MEPS, Umniah ink MasterCard services deal
- Bahrain insurance market ‘set to grow’