Al Baraka chief wins top US banking award
Dallas, October 27, 2012
Adnan Ahmed Yousif, president and chief executive of Al Baraka Banking Group and chairman of the Union of Arab Banks was recently awarded the “2012 Lariba Award for Excellence in Achievement” in Dallas.
The award was bestowed in recognition of his leadership role in consolidating and operating the largest Islamic Banking Group in the world: Al Baraka Banking Group, and continuing the pioneering work started by Sheikh Saleh Abdulla Kamel, chairman of Al Baraka Banking Group.
The award ceremony was part of a one-day International Symposium on Islamic Banking and Finance which was concluded by a gala dinner to recognize the awardees.
The symposium covered many issues in the fields of monetary theory, Riba-Free economics, prohibition of Riba in other faiths and strategies to popularize a Riba- Free life style especially in the US among all people of faiths.
“This award gives us the resolve and determination to proceed with the service of the Kingdom of Bahrain and its aspirations to enhance the bright image of Islamic Banking sector, in which we are pioneer regionally and internationally,” said Yousif. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson