Baraka launches multiple-currency prepaid card
Manama, November 28, 2012
Bahrain-based Al-Baraka Islamic Bank in collaboration with Nonoo Exchange Company and MasterCard Worldwide has launched a new prepaid card which can be used in five different currencies.
MYCARD, a global platinum MasterCard is the first of its kind in the Middle East and Africa, and can be used in US dollars, sterling pound, euro, Emirates dirham and Bahraini dinars.
The new card also provides a wide range of services and variety, where it is acceptable through 33 million outlets and 1.9 million ATMs in the world, wherever the MasterCard logo is applied. The card can be used to shop online, purchase in stores and or withdraw cash.
Mohamed Al-Matawa, CEO of Al-Baraka Islamic Bank said: “We are proud of issuing MYCARD, which is the first card of its kind in the Middle East, enabling its valued holders to receive a wide spectrum of benefits & privileges different from those offered by other cards.
“This card is one of the most prestigious pre-paid cards in the world. It also provides distinctive services to companies and individuals.”
The CEO of Nonoo Exchange Company, Fouad Nonoo said: “You can get MYCARD and recharge through all branches of Al Baraka Bank in addition to NEC branches in Bahrain.”
Somu Roy, vice president, MasterCard Worldwide, said “MasterCard is a critical link for businesses and cardholders worldwide and this partnership with Al-Baraka Islamic Bank is an example of how MasterCard works with businesses to develop secure, convenient and rewarding payment solutions that add real value for cardholders.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- GCC firms seek Egypt investment guarantee
- Qatar c.bank plans $1.1bn in bonds, sukuk
- More support for Islamic banking urged
- Bahrain to set new takaful rules by year-end
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain