Shaikha Haya bint Rashid Al Khalifa, Ebrahim Zainal
Shaikha Haya named head of ICC Bahrain
Manama, December 31, 2012
The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) Bahrain named Shaikha Haya bint Rashid Al Khalifa as its new chair at its first meeting of its fourth session for the four-year term, which ends in 2015.
The ICC with headquarters in Paris, is a UN recognised non-governmental organisation that takes part as observer in various international dialogues and organises top conferences and seminars dealing with business topics, besides its highly dependable Court of Commercial Arbitration
Ebrahim Zainal, who relinquished his position as chairman, and other board members thanked Shaikha Haya for accepting this position, upon the unanimous insistence of the board, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
Zainal said ICC Bahrain is set to benefit more from in-depth and long-term experience of Shaikha Haya with ICC Paris and ICC Bahrain.
Shaikha Haya, the chair of the lawyers committee, represented Bahrain for many years at the International Court of Arbitration at ICC Paris.
The board praised the key role of Zainal in founding ICC Bahrain in 1999 and developing it since then.
Zainal, who will continue as adviser to the board, has ensured his continued support to ICC Bahrain in further building on its achievements.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- ADS Securities inks deal with Tunes Group
- EMP expands Iraq card operations
- Dubai ICD planning to boost $2bn loan
- CEO-elect of fraud-hit Rakbank quits
- Saudi foreign assets hit record $668.2bn
- Major trade success for BBK Brokerage
- NBAD raises convertible bond issue to $465m
- Mashreq to enhance mobile banking app
- NBK Capital exits Turkey hospital chain
- Abu Dhabi holding firm Senaat plans share sale